What To Do if Fire Damage Happens
When Fire Damage Happens Call the Experts
A fire can be extremely damaging and harmful to your property. It's crucial to note that fire destroys the structure of the house in addition to causing massive smoke damage once it has been put out. SERVPRO of Central Glendale specializes in smoke cleanup and fire damage repair. Our experienced staff is well trained on the importance of acting quickly. For your property to be restored back to its original condition, we ask that you give us a call as soon as the firemen have done their job. As always, our first concern is for you, your safety, and your happiness.
Avoid Cleaning Fire and Smoke Damage Yourself
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should not try to clean or even touch the affected areas since doing so might make things worse. It may even cause the cost to rise. Here are some tasks we recommend you do (and don't do) before our fire technicians arrive:
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or clothing, doing so can smear the soot and settle it into the material.
- Do not try to shampoo your carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment that was near the fire, doing so can be extremely dangerous.
- Do not use any fans near the affected area as it will spread the smoke damage.
- Try to stay out of the affected areas as much as possible as it will make it harder for our team to work.
What To Do After the Damage is Done
All is not lost after a fire. There are things throughout the house you could do to reduce the
- Cover air registers
- Change HVAC filters
- Limit movement inside your home to prevent soot particles from further damaging your carpet.
- Protect all restorable items such as furniture, rugs and upholstery (note - only if they weren't directly affected by the fire).
Schedule a Fire Damage Inspection Today
If you have experienced recent fire damage in your home or office, schedule a fire damage inspection with us today. If you have any questions, give us a call today at 818-246-2200. Our staff will be more than happy to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.